What is Ejari Dubai? How to Renew and Register Ejari Online?
What is Ejari Dubai? EJARI is an Arabic word which means “My Rent”. In Dubai it represents a legislative initiative issued by the Real Estate regulatory Authority (RERA). According to RERA as of 14th March 2010, every tenant and landlord must get their rental and lease contracts registered through EJARI. Ejari Dubai is an electronic registration system accessible through the web, which is exclusively designed to execute the legal requirements as well as the vision and the mission of establishing a strong regulatory system to control the rental market in the Emirate. This regulatory system is established to protect the rights of everyone involved in rental deals.
How to Cancel Ejari Dubai?
Customers have the option of canceling their previous contract online or by visiting an Ejari office in Dubai and making the request in person. Cancellations made online are typically handled within 24 to 48 hours. It will be allowed to complete the registration of the new tenancy contract after the former contract has been canceled. To cancel Ejari, you will have to provide certain documents and follow a particular process.
Documents required for Ejari Cancellation
- Emirates ID of the applicant
- Tenant’s passport
- NOC (No Objection Certificate)
- DEWA bill
- Emirates ID of the landlord
Some Additional Documents
- Title Deeds
- Emirates ID or passport of the new owner
- Power of Attorney (POA)
- Emirates ID of the representative
How to Renew Ejari Online?
The online method for renewing Ejari is the same as the process for registering Ejari online. The primary difference is the switch in service, where instead of registering, you will select “Ejari Renewal” from the services tab.
- Original tenancy contract.
- Original Emirates ID card.
- A copy of the owner’s passport or an Emirates ID.
- A copy of the deed certificate
- If the renter is a company, a copy of the business trade license is required.
- If the renter is a person, a copy of their passport is required.
- It must be brought in the case of a contract signed by power of attorney. If it comes from anywhere outside than the UAE, it must be verified by the UAE Foreign Ministry.
How to Register Ejari Online?
To use the Ejari online registration system, create an account on the official Ejari website. Ejari accounts may only be opened by the persons listed below on the official website:
- The landlords or their representatives.
- Services provided by Property management companies.
- Brokers in real estate transactions.
Tenants cannot register for an Ejari Dubai account on the official website, however they may register for Ejari online using the Dubai REST app. Tenants can also consult with their real estate agent(s), who may already have an Ejari Dubai account, to get the process completed on their behalf.
- Passport of the landlord
- Emirates ID of the tenant
- Title deed of the rented property
- Original unified tenancy contract
Some Additional Documents
- UAE residence visa
- Recent DEWA bill
- Trade license (s) in case of commercial properties
The process for landlords who want to register the Ejari tenancy contract on the Ejari website is fairly simple. They only need to perform the following:
- Visit the official Ejari website
- Create an Ejari account
- upload the documents required for Ejari
- Pay the Ejari fees
- Submit application
After you complete your Ejari Dubai application, you will get your registered Ejari tenancy contract through mail within 24 to 48 hours (working days).
Ejari Registration through Rest App
While renters cannot register for Ejari on the website, they may do so through the Dubai REST application. This app gives Dubai residents access to a variety of real estate services, including Ejari registration through the Dubai REST app.
- Download the Dubai REST application.
- Select ‘RERA’ from the ‘Services’ menu.
- Navigate to the ‘Register Ejari Contract’ option.
- Complete the application.
- Attach and submit the needed papers.
After submitting the application, the owner/landlord must register Ejari on the Dubai REST app and accept the tenant’s registration request.
What is an Ejari Number?
A unique Ejari ID number is included in the official Ejari contract. This number is required to open a DEWA account, which you can now do simply online. Keep in mind that if you want to extend your contract for the same location next year, you’ll need to complete a new Ejari registration.
CryptoForRealty is a leading real estate agency in Dubai. Dealing in buying and selling real estate with bitcoin. Contact us today to get assistance how to buy Dubai property with cryptocurrency.